Join our Board of Directors
Do you have a love of performance? Do you love art? Do you love watching exceptional physical skill? Would you love to be apart of one of Guelph’s amazing festivals and make a real contribution to your community? Perhaps you might be right person to join our board of directors?
Guelph Dance is a wonderful festival to be apart of because it is small and the people that are involved are truly committed to creating a fabulous festival. The commitment is high and there is room for creativity and innovation; because of it’s size your voice can be heard. Guelph Dance is in it’s 20th year and it has created a very unique and exciting festival that proves to awe audiences every year. Over the 20 years Guelph Dance has cultivated a very loyal following which is always growing. Each year the festival offers new and inventive ways to engage our community. Our goal is to engage and enthral our audiences. We strive to be a nationally-recognized leader in contemporary dance by offering a platform for professional, new-generation, and youth dance artists. Supporting artists that want to push creative boundaries and explore new artistic ground.
Currently we seeking new members to join our small board. If you are interested please check out the “Expectations of Guelph Dance Board Members” below and please contact Adriana Rosselli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expectations of Guelph Dance Board Members
The role of a Board Member for Guelph Dance:
- Represent Guelph Dance in the community
- Be able to commit to our 2 hour board meetings 1x a month.
- Expected to be apart of a sub-committee ie. fundraising, marketing, artistic.
- Have an appreciation for Contemporary Dance
- Be able to participate in helping to run the festival during festival days
- Commit to at least 2 yrs on the board.
- Participate in the development of GD’s organizational plan and annual review
- Support and participate in evaluating staff
- Approve GD budget
- With the approval of the Board, negotiate the terms of employment of any employee who may be hired
- Monitor all current Board policies
- Review the Board’s structure, approve changes, prepare necessary bylaw amendments. Approve, where appropriate, policy and other recommendations received from the Board, its Committees and senior staff
- Be fiscally responsible for Guelph Dance as a registered charity