In response to the inspiring growth of contemporary dance in Guelph, Guelph Dance is offering a community-based initiative: a chance for local, professional dance artists to create their own Festival event! Artists are encouraged to dream, scheme, and create innovative and cutting-edge ways to perform dance in Guelph.
Call for Proposals 2014
Submissions for the 2014 Guelph Dance Festival will be accepted until September 15, 2013. See below for submission details. Note that we are now offering a paperless submission option. Just be sure to email the completed application, a Youtube or Vimeo link to the video, and membership payment via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
- This program will be presented during the 16th Guelph Dance Festival, May 29 – June 1, 2014.
- Artists will have complete freedom to present their site-specific dance ideas in any way they choose—the only limitation will be the artist’s imagination.
- Guelph Dance will provide our Festival infrastructure, staffing, and promotion to support the artist’s ideas, along with an artist fee and production costs.
- Although performing artists do not have to be local, local contemporary dance artists will be given preference.
- This event will be curated by committee.
This program is funded in part by the Guelph Community Foundation.
Proposal Packages must include:
- a completed application form with all information available. Right click to download: CoProduction Application 2014 (PDF)
- all appropriate C.V.’s
- a DVD (Macintosh compatible) of the proposed work or link to an online source (such as youtube or vimeo). Video must be a full version of the piece, not a promotional cut.
- your membership fee ($25 for Regular Membership or $50 for Dance Associate Membership). Click each for more details. Can be paid by cheque, cash or online through paypal.
Only complete submission packages will be considered.
147 Wyndham Street North, Suite 404
Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1H 4E9