In response to the inspiring growth of contemporary dance in Guelph, the GCDF is offering a new community-based initiative: a chance for local, professional dance artists to create their own Festival event! Artists are encouraged to dream, scheme, and create innovative and cutting-edge ways to perform dance in Guelph.
Call for Proposals 2013
The Call for Proposals for our new co-production initiative is now closed. Proposals for Guelph Dance Festival 2014 will be accepted throughout the year, and reviewed in October. See below for submission details.
- This new program will be presented during the 15th Guelph Contemporary Dance Festival, May 30 – June 2.
- Artists will have complete freedom to present their site-specific dance ideas in any way they choose—the only limitation will be the artist’s imagination.
- The GCDF will provide our Festival infrastructure, staffing, and promotion to support the artist’s ideas, along with an artist fee and production costs.
- Although performing artists do not have to be local, local contemporary dance artists will be given preference.
- This new event will be curated by committee.
This new program is funded in part by the Guelph Community Foundation.
Proposal Packages must include:
- a completed application form with all information available. Right click to download: Co-production Application 2013 (PDF) or Co-production Application 2013 (Word)
- all appropriate C.V.’s
- a DVD (Macintosh compatible) of the proposed work or link to an online source (such as youtube or vimeo). Video must be a full version of the piece, not a promotional cut.
- your membership fee ($25 for Regular Membership or $50 for Dance Associate Membership). Click each for more details. Can be paid by cheque, cash or online through paypal.
Only complete submission packages will be considered. Because submissions are viewed by multiple curators, we cannot accept applications by e-mail.
Guelph Contemporary Dance Festival
123 Woolwich Street, Second Floor
Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1H 3V1